We are extremely pleased to announce that our entire staff is now Fear Free certified!
To become certified, our veterinarians and staff have completed a comprehensive 8-part educational course and exam. We will also need to take continuing education courses to remain certified.
What is Fear Free?
Fear Free is a training and certification program that helps veterinarians modify their procedures, handling, and facilities to help pets feel safe and comfortable while receiving the medical care they need.
The Fear Free mission is to prevent and alleviate fear, anxiety and stress in pets by inspiring and educating the people who care for them.
What does this mean for you and your pets?
We’ve always worked hard to provide the best care for your pets. Now we’ll be able to make your pet’s experience at our hospital even better.
We were pleasantly surprised to find that we were already following many of the Fear Free protocols and procedures. However, there were several things that we wanted to improve upon and implement in the hospital. You will notice some changes in our hospital procedures and protocols as well as changes in our lobby area and exam rooms. These changes include:
- A separate waiting area for cats including pheromone infused towels
- Using tasty treats to make the weigh-in a pleasurable experience
- A more considerate approach when carrying our feline patients throughout the hospital
- Self-serve water bowls in the lobby for our canine patients
- A leash exchange area where retractable leashes will be exchanged for 6 foot leashes for safety while in the hospital
- New and delicious treats for all our patients
- A more considerate approach to examinations. Our doctors have been doing stress free examinations on the floor for years!